1. Visit the Boac Cathedral.
This is Marinduque’s oldest standing building – the century old Boac Cathedral. Boac Cathedral has served in several instances as the refuge of the people of Marinduque. People attribute many miracles here hence, this Cathedral is dedicated to “Mahal Na Birhen Ng Biglang Awa”.
2. Visit the Boac National Museum.
The branch museum is housed in an old Spanish building that used to be a library and Municipal Trial Court of Boac, Marinduque. Some of its collections are as follows:
- Agricultural implements: scythe, coconut-harvesting tools, bolos, plows
- Pottery: stove, chicken feed containers, flowerpots, rice pot molder, pottery making devices like clay and molders
- Tuba (coconut wine) containers made of bamboo moriones
- Morion masks, colored vests, capes, wooden shield
- Modern crafts: carved wooden animals, baskets, wall decors, lampshades, fans
- 10th ・8th centuries A.D. tradeware ceramics: stoneware jars, jarlets and plates of Chinese provenance steel skillet, pottery vessels and shards.
- Metallic and non-metallic minerals; metamorphic, sedimentary and igneous rocks; fossilized shells in limestone and petrified wood .
3. Eat at Casa de Don Emilio by Kusina sa Plaza.
For traditional Marinduqueno cuisine, visit this restaurant located inside a Spanish-era house. With its large windows, lace-topped wooden tables and vintage chandeliers, eating at Kusina sa Plaza feels like taking a trip back in time. Order the local delicacy called ulang-ulang, a sour soup made sour with calamansi juice and topped with shrimps, fish and grated young coconut.
4. Buy Arrowroot Cookies at Boac Hotel.
These organic crisp-outside-crumbly-inside cookies make great pasalubong for your foodie friends. Prices range from P115 to P150 for a 250-gram tin of cookies. The ground floor of Boac Hotel has a store devoted just to arrowroot cookies. It also has native items of the province that you can choose from.
5. Soak up the sun and enjoy the beach at Roberto's Hideaway Beach Resort!
Roberto's Hideaway Beach Resort located in Brgy. Cawit is a stone's throw away from Cawit Port. It's amenities will provide you a home away from home. You can enjoy the beach and even snorkel! It comes as a surprise to guests that Roberto's Hideaway's beach has one of the nice coral reefs in the island. You can start your day early by feeding the school of fish or you may end your day at the resort with a panoramic view of the sunset sipping a hot tea or drinking an ice cold beer. You will definitely feel life at Roberto's Hideaway!